Saturday, April 10, 2010

Easter Brunch

After our 18 mile long run last Saturday, Brian and I met up with my sister (Samantha), her boyfriend (JC), and our friends (Justin & Andrea) for a Saturday Easter Brunch at Salty's on Alki. I had only been to Salty's for their brunch one other time and it was simply delicious. What better way to refuel after a long run with many different protein and carb options?! Also you really can't beat the view. Here is my Saturday Easter Brunch in pictures:

View from our table



Plate #1 of Deliciousness

Plate #2 of Deliciousness

Dessert Plate #1

Dessert Plate #2 - Had to get my fruit in!

As you can see I stuck to the seafood at the buffet. They just had too much good seafood for me to venture to the land animals. You can't tell by two plates of dessert but I'm not really a sweets person. I will choose savory over sweet any day. But the dessert table and chocolate fountain were just too enticing to pass up. And I mean who can really say no to dipping things into chocolate?! They even had rice krispies and marshmallows that you could dip into the chocolate.

After running 18 miles I thought I could do some serious damage at a delicious buffet but I actually didn't eat as much as I had planned. After I cleaned plate #1 I only took bites of each dish on each of the following plates. 

Salty's is definitely a great place to go if you love seafood and Dungeness crab claws. A must visit for anyone in Seattle.

****

In marathon training news, Brian and I finished Week 19 with our last 20 mile run. We are now tapering until Race Day - which by the way is in three weeks!  In just three weeks Brian and I will be running our first marathon. So unreal! Our last 20 mile run was challenging but great. Mile 20 was a 1 mile long hill. It was brutal but we did it. I can't wait to see how our training pays off. 

1 comment:

  1. Yummmy!!! Food was so good! We need to figure out something to do after the marathon...I had a mini freak out yesterday after I realized I had 2 more "long" runs! Can't beleive it's almost here!!

    ReplyDelete