Saturday, March 13, 2010

20 Mile High

Brian and I just got back from our 20 mile long run. It was such a good run. The weather was chilly at the start  but we got some sun breaks. There were some pretty nasty headwinds along the way though. Just had to pop in to report our good run. Also wanted to talk about post run recovery, or at least what we do.


Brrrr

The dreaded ice bath is such a necessary evil. Getting in is so tough. There are different techniques that people share online on how it works for them. My first ice bath experience was definitely not the right way for me.  I barely put my feet in the ice water for about a minute, where I didn't even have time to sit down, before I started cursing up a storm and crying asking Brian to help me out and I just couldn't do it. I did eventually sit in the water but not before a few more curse words and crying. The second ice bath I sat down in the tub, then let the cold water start running and then dumped the ice in. It still sucks but it is slightly more bearable than my first attempt.  I also figure 15-20 minutes of pain for a quicker recovery is better than hobbling around for the next two days. I also like to drink chocolate milk and check Facebook on my phone to pass the time.



I got a Garmin Forerunner 405 yesterday and we ran with it today for the first time. It is so awesome! It showed me the average pace we were running for 20 miles to help us see if we were keeping our pace. I love it! It is such a great training tool and I can't believe we've been training this long without it. I can't wait to upload the data from our run. I love data and graphs.

Time to go stuff my face with Chipotle refuel!

No comments:

Post a Comment