Sunday, March 14, 2010

Food Nostalgia

I have lived in Seattle for almost 2 years now. In that time I have compiled a list of my favorite restaurants here. There are still a few restaurants that I miss from LA that I haven't quite found its comparable match here in Seattle. So when I'm craving those certain dishes I don't really know where to go to fulfill that craving. Just this past week I had a sudden craving for chicken cutlet curry from Hurry Curry, my favorite Japanese curry place in LA.  I'm sure I could get it at some restaurant in the International District but I was just too lazy to do any research. So what's a girl with a craving to do? Make it of course!

Brian and I go to the Asian grocery store every so often when I need ingredients to make Filipino dishes.  The last time I was there I saw curry sauce mix, which come in blocks that dissolve in water like bouillon cubes do.  The curry sauce mix comes in different levels of heat. So depending on your mood you can go mild or hot. I bought the mild curry mix but could have definitely gone with the hot.  Here is my homemade version of the chicken cutlet curry from Hurry Curry.

Chicken Cutlet Curry
canola oil
chicken breast
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
egg, lightly beaten
S&B Golden Curry Sauce Mix

Heat canola oil in a skillet over medium heat.

Pound chicken breast between parchment paper to about 1/4" thickness. Dip chicken breast in egg, then in the panko bread crumbs. Once the oil is hot, fry the chicken breast for 4-5 minutes until golden brown and flip over. Cook other side for another 4-5 minutes until golden brown.

Prepare curry sauce mix according to package instructions.

Serve the chicken with rice and generously spoon curry on rice and chicken.




This definitely satisfied my Hurry Curry craving. Yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment